The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy


“The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams was interesting to me because all of its craziness. I don’t mean I liked it, because I didn’t, but I was interesting. I didn’t like it because it was hard to read, it had a lot of random words that I could not understand so I had to be translating the whole time. Also, it was hard to follow what was happening through the story because sometimes I couldn’t identify who was talking or what was happening or where were the characters.
I found interesting the book because it talked about one of my favorite’s topics ever, the science of the universe. When I was a child, I used to play a lot with my cousins pretending we were astronauts guessing how would be the space, what kind of creatures live out there and how it would be to travel in a space ship at light speed. When I was reading this book, sometimes it took me back to that time, believing that everything was possible.
I liked the idea that the mice were dominating the world under our noses, that idea made me laugh so much because of the impossibility of it (or maybe not). But what I found most interesting was Maragateta, the planet where people build planets. I believe that it’s related with something nowadays, the rich people that pay a lot of money to buy things that they may not need and may not use but they do it because they can. Because it’s new and interesting and the people will say “wow, he has a planet”. It made me feel sad because it’s happening in the world right now that rich people are wasting money in unnecessary stuff when they could use it to improve life quality of millions of people.

Comentarios

Entradas populares